The MacPháidín Library is open to the general public. Please take note of the following information regarding policies governing use of the library by visitors.
- Precedence will be given to the Stonehill College community in the use of seating, Reference service, computers and other library equipment (printers, photocopier, scanners, etc.).
- Staff availability and time will, of necessity, limit Reference service to outside visitors.
- The MacPháidín Library is a U.S. Government Documents Depository. These materials are available for public use.
- Library staff reserves the right to examine all materials taken from the building.
|Off-campus individuals who belong to one of the following groups are eligible to borrow from the MacPhaidin Library|
Students and faculty from Bridgewater State University, Wheaton College, and UMass Dartmouth
Teachers in the Easton school system
For those listed above, please show proof of eligibility and a current driver's license to obtain a library card. The following also apply:
- Borrowing privileges are Non-Transferable. Only the individual registered is eligible to borrow.
- The number of books borrowed by special borrowers and Stonehill Alumni is limited to (4)four; SMCL Direct borrowers are limited to (6)six books.
- All materials loaned are subject to recall if needed at Stonehill.
- Special borrowers are bound by the same regulations that apply to the Stonehill students, for instance:
- Books circulate for 30 days; If not requested by another borrower, they may be renewed once.
- Late books are subject to overdue fines.
Occasionally library privileges are granted to other off-campus individuals who require access to the library for research purposes. You may request an application at the Circulation Desk. Applications will be reviewed by the Circulation Librarian and you will be notified if your request is approved.
Please note that the MacPháidín Library is not a member of the Old Colony, SAILS or other Massachusetts library network. If you have a library card with a public library, you can have that library request material from the MacPháidín Library through interlibrary loan.
Final Exam Info: Each semester the library closes to all outside visitors for the college's Final Exam Period. Please check the library's posted hours for more information on the exact dates that the library is closed to the general public.