Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology at Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater State University (BSU) and Stonehill College have arranged for the preferred admission of qualified Stonehill students to the Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology at Bridgewater State University. The program benefits students with a bachelor's degree with a concentration in communication sciences and disorders or a related field.
- Waiver of the BSU graduate program admission application fee
- May delay the beginning of the graduate program for up to one year if accepted in the senior year
- Up to a total of six graduate credits from an accredited Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) graduate program may be transferred
- All applicants who earn a minimum overall G.P.A. of 3.50 as well as an average G.P.A. of 3.50 in the prerequisite courses, will be considered for competitive scholarships but this Agreement does not guarantee an award
- Anticipated successful completion of Bachelor’s degree from Stonehill in May of the senior year
- Anticipated successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree from Stonehill in May of their senior year;
- A minimum overall Grade Point Average (“GPA”) of 3.00 at Stonehill, and a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the prerequisite courses required for admission to the degree of MSSLP; Minimum Concentration/Major GPA of 3.00;
- Proof of completion of ALL CSD Graduate Program prerequisites, including the 14 required undergraduate courses (42 credits), either at the time of application for the degree of MSSLP or before starting the program (details below):
- Each of the following 3-credit courses must be taken at an accredited institution and a grade of “B-“ or higher must be earned in each;
- Due at Time of Application:
- Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Anatomy of Speech, Language, and Hearing
- Speech & Hearing Science
- Language Acquisition & Development
- Due by May 31:
- Clinical Procedures (25 obs. hours)/Internship
- Neurological Bases of Speech, Language & Hearing
- Linguistics/Introduction to the Sciences of Language
- Biology (100-level) Chemistry OR Physics (100-level)
- Math (100-level)
- Developmental Psychology OR Child Psychology
- The following minimum GRE scores are required: 300 overall; 150 Verbal; 150 Quantitative; and 3.5 Analytical Writing.
- Official Transcript with all undergraduate and graduate courses
- For students taking any prerequisite courses during the spring, transcripts must show evidence of being officially registered in those courses; and the student must submit no later than May 31 an updated official transcript with the grades earned in those courses.
- Consistent with program requirements, the minimum grade for any such courses is B, and final admission into the program is contingent upon this condition, and upon maintaining the required GPA.
- Submission of all CSD graduate program admission application materials by the published BSU Admissions deadline for entry into the term beginning the next fall;
- A satisfactory pre-admission interview conducted by the CSD graduate program at the main BSU campus.
- Notify the Stonehill contact listed below prior to submitting the online application
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- 3 Letters of reference
- Completed prerequisite form
- Personal statement
- Personal interview
Bridgewater State University
Office of Graduate Admission
Andrew Leahy, advisor, Pre-Health Professions