GirlsGetMath@Stonehill is a selective five-day non-residential mathematics program from July 10-14 at Stonehill College. It is open to high schoolers, regardless of gender, who live in or near Easton, Massachusetts, who will be entering the 10th or 11th grade this fall. Classes are structured to help ensure students are able to maximize the educational benefit while staying safe.
GirlsGetMath@Stonehill invites 20-25 students to explore the mathematical sciences in an open and encouraging setting. Hands-on activities, interactive lectures, and daily computer labs are led by accomplished professional faculty who are enthusiastic about serving as scientific mentors and discussing a variety of careers that utilize a mathematical background. Potential topics include cryptography, data science, image processing, prime numbers and factoring, and mathematical modeling.
GirlsGetMath@Stonehill is scheduled for July 10-14, 2023.
Application deadline is May 19, 2023.
Tuition & Scholarships
- Tuition is $100 (includes snacks, lunch and T-shirt)
- Full and partial scholarships available
- Show young adults that the study of mathematics can be exciting, beautiful and useful
- Build students’ mathematical confidence through engaging and expert mathematical instruction
- Provide an affirming environment that explores career opportunities in which sophisticated mathematical ability plays a key role
- Emphasize the strategic role mathematics plays for success in STEM careers
- Provide participants with a support group and expert mentors who are successful graduate students and professionals from the STEM workforce
- Have a positive influence on the way girls view their mathematical interest and ability
- Entering the 10th or 11th grade this fall
- Math teacher letter of recommendation
- One-page personal statement of interest