Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Assumption University
Earn your Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in 16 months from the Froelich School of Nursing (FSoN) at Assumption University in Worcester, Massachusetts!
An affiliation agreement allows for a seamless application process for Stonehill College students who satisfy the requirements for admission to the Post-Bachelor’s Accelerated Nursing Track for non-nursing college graduates at Assumption University.
What are the benefits?
- Streamlined application process.
- No application fee, essay, or letters of recommendation required.
- Peace-of-mind in knowing you can meet the prerequisite courses listed below for the Post-Bachelor's Accelerated Nursing Track with a final grade of C+ or above.
What are the qualifications?
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from Stonehill College or notification from a Stonehill official that all criteria for graduation are met but the degree has not been conferred (Graduation date must be included in this letter).
- Completion of eight (8) prerequisite courses at Stonehill (listed below) with a grade of “C+” or higher
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.00 at Stonehill College.
- Minimum TEAS composite score of at least 65%: Reading 70%, Math 65%, Science 65%, English-Language 60%.
- Submission of all post-bachelor’s accelerated nursing program admission application materials by the Assumption University FSoN admission deadline for entry to the term beginning the next spring.
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II with a lab component (Stonehill courses BIO 203 & BIO 204)
- Microbiology with lab (Stonehill BIO 309)
- Nutrition (Stonehill HSC 218)
- Growth and Development Across the Lifespan (Requires both Stonehill courses PSY 201 & 203 to cover the entire lifespan). Alternately, HRS 121 may be taken online at Assumption University, when offered during intersession and/or summer sessions.
- Statistics (Stonehill MTH 225)
- Religious Studies/Theology course (Stonehill courses CAT 220 Topics in Catholic Studies, RST 100 or its RST four credit counterpart, RST 226, RST 233, RST 238, RST 248, RST 249, RST 251, RST 252, RST 253, RST 255, RST 256, RST 262, RST 267, RST 269, RST 300, RST 301, RST 302, RST 303, RST 312, RST 325, RST 327, RST 329, RST 333, RST 334, RST 337, RST 340, RST 346, RST 351)
- Ethics course from Philosophy (Stonehill PHL 235 preferred; PHL 220, PHL 221, PHL 236, PHL 342)
- Apply online
- Official transcripts
- Official TEAS test results sent from ATI
- Letter from a Stonehill College official documenting the student’s good academic standing with current GPA
Assumption University’s Post-Bachelor’s Nursing Track
Assumption’s Contact Person:
Stefanie R. Haynes
Assistant Professor of Practice Nursing
Stonehill’s Contact Person:
Pre-Health Professions Advisor