Policies and Procedures


  • All invoice submissions must be attached to a fully completed and approved request for payment form. It must include the department’s account number to be charged, the requestor’s signature, and the department head’s signature.

  • The A/P Coordinator receives the invoice and reviews for the date due. Invoices will not be processed until due.

  • The A/P Coordinator will match invoices to open purchase orders for that amount. If the purchase order is fulfilled, the A/P Coordinator will close the purchase order in the system.

  • For all new vendors, a W-9 form must accompany the request for payment form.

  • Vendors now have the option to have reimbursements put directly into the vendor's bank account. The Direct Deposit for Payment form should be completed and sent to the Accounts Payable Supervisor for this option.


Cash Advances

  • An employee may request a miscellaneous cash advance to cover the cost of expenses not chargeable to the Stonehill Purchasing Card or the College. (A Petty Cash advance can be obtained in amounts of $100 or less). These advances are obtained by completing a Cash Advance Form.

  • Cash Advances must be reconciled with the Accounts Payable Supervisor within 30 days of travel.

  • Statements with the above completed should be forwarded to the Controller’s Office with receipts for ALL charges attached to the statement.


Employee Reimbursements

  • Employees must complete the Travel Accounting Form for all travel related reimbursements.

  • Original receipts must be attached to the completed and approved form.

  • Any cash advances obtained related to the employee's travle must be deducted from the amount due to the employee for reimbursement.

  • Reimbursements will be directly deposited in the employee's bank account.

  • The Controller/Accounts Payable Supervisor reviews the account number to be charged against the description to ensure that the cost is in the appropriate account, and the support behind the request (receipts or other documentation) agrees to the dollar amount.

  • If there is an incorrect account number, the Controller or the Accounts Payable Supervisor contact the individual requesting the funds to discuss the charge and the reason for the incorrect account number.

  • If there is a missing receipt, the Controller or the Accounts Payable Supervisor contacts the individual to request the receipt. If the receipt can’t be found, the individual must complete the Missing Receipt Form (with department head signature) describing the reason and verifying the dollar amount of the missing receipt.