Academic Break Periods & Summer Closing
2022-2023 Break Periods
- Thanksgiving Break: Residence Halls close at 10:00AM on Wednesday, November 23, 2022 & re-open at 12noon on Sunday, November 27, 2022.
- Winter Break: Residence Halls close at 10:00AM on Friday, December 16, 2022 and will re-open at 10:00am Sunday, January 15, 2023.
- Spring Break: Residence Halls close at 10:00am on Saturday, March 4, 2023 and re-open at 12noon on Sunday, March 12, 2023.
- Easter Break: Residence Halls close at 10:00am on Thursday, April 6, 2023 and will re-open at 12noon on Monday, April 10, 2023.
- Non-graduates should move out of their spring rooms 24 hours after their last final OR by 10:00am Saturday, May 13, 2023 (whichever comes first).
- Graduating seniors must move out by 4:00pm Commencement Day (Sunday, May 21, 2023). Unfortunately, moveout extensions cannot be granted to graduates.
The residence halls close for college academic breaks. During breaks only approved students will be permitted to stay on campus. If you need approval to remain on campus during a break period, please contact your Residence Director of the Office of Residence Life.
Campus Police and Residence Directors are available during break periods in cases of emergency.
- Close and lock your windows. Also please close storm windows if you have them.
- Unplug all of your electrical appliances (except refrigerators).
- Turn your thermostat to 65 degrees.
- Lower window blinds and close your curtains.
- Take home any valuables/other items you will need over break.
- Remove any trash or perishable food and turn off your lights.
- Close and lock your room door. Take your key with you. If you are locked out when you return, you will be assessed a $5.00 lockout fee.
- Residence Life staff will be checking doors and locking them if they are left unlocked.
- If you need to leave your car behind, you must park in the student/visitor parking lot. Vehicles left in other areas are subject to ticketing and/or towing.
- If you are leaving your car behind, Campus Police strongly recommends that you secure your vehicle and remove all valuables.
- Campus dining is not available during breaks when the college is closed. Students will be expected to access food on their own.
- Failure to depart campus before the advertised closing date and time will result in a $50.00 fee
- Arriving to campus prior to the advertised opening date and time will result in a $50.00 fee
- Students who are approved for individual extended/late stays (i.e. who are not endorsed by a faculty or staff member to participate in an authorized College-function) will be assessed a $50.00/night fee
Duffy Academic Center – 145
The Office of Residence Life is dedicated to providing students a supportive and inclusive living environment that enhances their Stonehill experience. Students can select from a wide range of living options at Stonehill, ranging from traditional corridor style halls to suites and townhouses, to single-gender residence halls.