Requirements for Incoming Undergraduate Students

Every new undergraduate student must complete the requirements as outlined below. To access student health forms and submit immunizations and other pertinent medical information to Stonehill College Health Services, please visit the Student Health Portal.

Every incoming student must submit the following completed forms to Health Services by June 30 for students starting in the fall semester and January 15 for students starting in the spring semester. If these requirements are not received by the required deadlines, a student's MyHill account will be placed on an Administrative Hold.

The enrollment process is not complete until your required immunizations, Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire and Health Report Form are on file, as immunization requirements are enforced in accordance with the Massachusetts College Immunization Law. Failure to submit these documents may result in a delay in class registration and an Administrative HOLD on your MyHill account.

In accordance with Massachusetts School Immunization Requirements, (Law 105 CMR 220.00), Stonehill College requires that all full-time students receive the following immunizations:

  • MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
  • Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis) booster
  • Hepatitis B
  • Varicella (chicken pox - proof of vaccine or disease)
  • Meningitis (vaccine that covers four of the five serogroups of meningitis-  strains "A, C, W, Y"
  • Covid-19 Vaccine and Boosters 
  • Annual Flu Vaccine
  • Hepatitis A
  • HPV/Gardasil Vaccine (females and males)
  • Meningitis Serogroup B Vaccine*
    • *We advise students to receive this important vaccine that covers the "B" serogroup of meningitis for full protection against all of the serogroups of meningitis. The Meningitis B vaccine is a series of two vaccines.

Per state law, all students must complete the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire. The questionnaire can be found in the College’s Student Health Portal. If you screen as high risk, your PCP must complete the Medical Evaluation for Latent Tuberculosis Infection form, which is also available in the Student Health Portal.

Requests for medical exemptions may be granted if there is documentation from a health care provider stating the reason(s) that these vaccines are contraindicated. Requests for religious exemptions may be granted in accordance with Massachusetts state law governing immunizations. In the event there is an outbreak of any of these vaccine-preventable diseases, students who have been granted exemptions will be required to leave campus and will be allowed to return only when the period of communicability has passed as determined by guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.

To access student health forms and securely submit forms, immunizations and other pertinent medical information to Stonehill College Health Services, please visit the Student Health Portal.

For difficulty uploading any documents or immunizations please call Stonehill College Health Services at (508) 565-1307 for assistance.  

Massachusetts Health Insurance Requirements

Massachusetts requires all college students have health insurance. Students can enroll in the Stonehill College Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) or waive it by providing proof of comparable health insurance coverage. The options to enroll or waive are usually available as of the first week of July.

State law requires that full-time college students carry health insurance and annually provide proof of such insurance to the College. It is important to consider whether your current insurance plan will provide adequate coverage for a student while in college, or if purchasing the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is a better choice. Some students find that their insurance is inadequate due to restrictive provider networks, high deductibles, or limited coverage outside of a health plan service area. Some HMOs that require referrals may prevent students from receiving specialty care. 

We suggest consulting your current insurance carrier as you consider the following:

  • Does my current plan cover full-time students attending college away from home or out of state?
  • Does my current plan provide adequate coverage for emergency services, diagnostic x-rays, laboratory services, mental health coverage, prescription drugs, and inpatient or outpatient hospitalization?
  • Does my current plan have participating in-network health care providers in the Easton, MA area?
  • Does my current plan have a high deductible that must be met before full coverage begins?

In addition, please be aware of the following points:

  • Massachusetts law requires that all college students enroll in a health insurance program that meets required benefits established by the state. 
  • International students are required to purchase the Stonehill College Student Health Insurance Plan.
  • Medicaid coverage from a state other than Massachusetts does not meet Massachusetts requirements.
  • Per Massachusetts regulations, the following are not acceptable plans to waive the SHIP: Mass Health Limited Plan, Health Safety Net, and Children’s Medical Security Plan.

Stonehill College bills all students for the SHIP unless the online waiver process is completed.  During the first week of July, you will have access to a link on the Stonehill Student Insurance webpage, which describes waive/enroll options and instructions to accept the SHIP, or provide proof of comparable coverage to waive the SHIP. If your current health insurance plan is billable in Massachusetts and comparable to the SHIP, and you are not an International student, you are not required to purchase the SHIP and may waive coverage.

Online materials describing plan details for the next academic year will be available on the Stonehill Student Accounts webpage in mid-June.

Note: We are in the process of converting older materials on this page to ensure accessibility. If you are unable to access a document during this process, please contact this page’s web content manager by email at and they will assist you.