Hill Card Photo Requirements
Please note: A request to change your photo is a request to replace your Hill Card. If you do not want to pay for a new Hill Card, which costs $25, please do not upload a new picture.
Uploading an Acceptable Photo (Under 1 MB)
You can use an existing digital photo, scan in a school picture or passport-type picture, or take a new picture with a digital camera or smart phone. The photo you provide must be easily recognizable as you, and conform to the requirements noted below. Photos larger than 1 MB will not upload.
Avoid issues that make your photo unacceptable:
Campus Police has a checklist of things that make a photo obviously nonconforming. Your photo won't be accepted if:
- Your face is not visible or recognizable.
- One or both of your eyes are not visible or blocked (for example, if you are wearing sunglasses).
- Multiple faces are shown in the photo.
- Poor quality makes your photo unrecognizable.
- You are wearing a hat or head covering (that is not worn for religious purposes).
- Your photo has been tampered with or digitally altered.
Avoid these common mistakes:
- Some or all of your head is cut off in the photo.
- You are shown in profile or three-quarter view so only part of your face can be seen.
- Your photo was taken too close up or from too far away.
- Your photo is too blurry or light.
Photos must be in one of these file formats: