Massachusetts Law requires that every non-resident enrolled as a student at a school or college in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts who operates a motor vehicle registered in another state or country for more than thirty days within the Commonwealth during any period beginning September 1st of any year and ending August 31 of the following year, on or before such thirtieth day, file the form with the police department of said school or college on a form approved by the Registrar of Motor Vehicles, a statement signed by him/her under penalties of perjury providing the following information: registration number and make of the motor vehicle, and the state or country of registration, the name and address of the owner, the legal residence while attending school or college, and the name of the school or college he/she is attending. Any such non-resident who fails to comply with the provisions of the paragraph shall be punished by a fine.


In order to comply with the above provisions, non-resident drivers should:

  1. Complete this form.
  2. This form must be filled out completely, including the name of the insurance company, complete address, and phone number.  
  3. We will issue the required decal (there is no fee for the NON-RESIDENT STUDENT decal;  a fee does apply to the college's parking decal).
  4. Affix the decal to the uppermost center portion of the vehicle windshield.