Mona Rowan is an instructor of Arabic in the Foreign language department at Stonehill College. Mona is a native of Lebanon. She came to the USA in 1977 after the civil war broke in Lebanon. Mona was teaching High School French and Spanish for over 10 years, and as of 2008 she started teaching French, Spanish and Arabic at Quincy College in Quincy, MA until 2014. From 2011 until the present time, Mona has been teaching three levels of Arabic courses at Wheaton College and three level of Arabic at Stonehill College. In 2015, a decision was made to combine the Arabic program at both colleges and Mona will run the Arabic program on a full-time basis at both places. With this merge, the program has grown and continues to do so. Stonehill College now offers a minor in Arabic.
- M.A., Foreign Languages/Education, Rhode Island College, 2008
- B.A., French and Spanish, Rhode Island College, 1996
- B.A., Public Relations, Rhode Island College, 1984
- Active member of STARTALK, the Arabic division since 2008. Keep up with the latest teaching methods and technology offered to American students learning Arabic. Yearly conferences are held each summer in different parts of the USA.
- The importance of learning foreign languages at early age and its effect on society.
- Arabic I
- Arabic II
- Arabic III