Professor Sisli Ciamarra joined Stonehill College in 2017. She teaches Corporate Finance and Entrepreneurial Finance. She is also a faculty member for Our Generation Speaks (OGS), a fellowship program and incubator to create high-impact ventures. Previously, she had taught at Brandeis University International Business School and Heller School for Social Policy and Management.
Professor Sisli Ciamarra’s research interests include corporate finance, corporate governance, financial intermediation and executive compensation. Her research on boards of directors addresses creditor presence on boards, the structure of mutual fund boards, as well as the boards of trustees of charter schools. Her research on executive compensation investigates the role of macroeconomic and institutional environment on determining the link between executive pay and risk taking. Her research has been published in leading academic journals including Review of Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Financial Management and Journal of Financial Stability. Top 10 Bookmakers in Nigeria She received the Outstanding Corporate Finance Paper Award from the Eastern Finance Association in 2012 and her research has been featured in the Harvard Corporate Governance Forum.
Professor Sisli Ciamarra is married and has three kids.
- B.A., Business Administration, Bogazici University, Istanbul/Turkey
- B.A., Economics, Bogazici University, Istanbul/Turkey
- M.B.A., International University of Japan, Niigata/Japan
- Ph.D., Economics, Stern School of Business, New York University, New York
- (2012) Outstanding Corporate Finance Paper Award, Eastern Finance Association
- (2006 - 2007) Ford Foundation/Aspen Institute Global Scholar Network Fellowship
- (2006) Stern Award for Ph.D. Teaching Excellence
- (2005 - 2006) Willensky Fellowship, Stern School of Business
- (1997 - 1999) Monbusho Scholar, Ministry of Education, Japan
- Corporate Finance