Environmental Stewardship Council
The mission of the council is to foster proactive, environmentally sustainable policies, approaches, and practices by the campus community that are consistent with Stonehill's mission, guiding principles, and student learning goals and outcomes.
THE ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL SHALL:
- Develop and maintain a plan of environmentally sustainable goals, objectives, and action plans based on approved policies and practices and consistent with the College's mission, guiding principles, and policies.
- Formulate, review, and recommend environmentally sustainable and fiscally sound policies and practices.
- Define instructional space on campus that must remain in its natural state for teaching and research purposes.
- Promote environmentally conscious activities on- and off-campus.
- Oversee the Green Fund and award funding to qualified candidates.
The council includes two faculty members, two students--including the president of Students for Environmental Action (SEA)--and at least one representative from each administrative division of the college. The council currently consists of:
- Sue Mooney, Faculty (Chair)
- Maura Tyrrell, Faculty
- Christopher Ives, Faculty
- Thomas McGrath, IT
- Kelly Treseler, Residence Life
- Jessica Lantos, Class of '14(SEA)
- Kaylie Bissonnette, Class of '14(Eco-Rep)
- Tate Molaghan, Class of '14(SEA)
- Jessica Beliveau, Class of '14(SGA)
- Sean Davenport, Class of '15(SGA)
- Heather Steliga, Admissions
- Shane LaPrade, Marketing
- Jessa Gagne, Operations
- Kathy Falcone, Human Resources
- Greg Wolfe, Purchasing
- TBA, Facilities Representative (interim, Bruce Boyer and/or Bob MacEachern)
- Paul Ricci, Facilities
- Geoffrey Smith, Marketing