Purpose and Goals
The Campaign for Stonehill College 2017 – 2022 has a significant commitment to raising funds to advance academic initiatives that will transform the Stonehill educational experience. This investment in academic innovation and excellence will enhance the learning outcomes for our students.
Our donors seek impactful and compelling ideas for their philanthropic investments. We are asking our faculty and staff to think big and be bold — to invite the very best in creative and compelling projects that will transform our campus, leverage our existing knowledge and expertise, and promote the discovery of solutions for pressing issues that we face as a community.
The Bold Ideas for Academic Innovation and Excellence Request For Proposals ( “Bold Ideas RFP”) is a formal proposal submission process designed to invite innovative and transformative ideas of our faculty and staff. We encourage faculty and staff to put forward projects that impact Stonehill College and position us as an emerging leader within higher education.
Bold Ideas RFP – Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria
- Transformational - ideas that are inspiring, strategic, and improve our reputation.
- Distinctive - ideas that make Stonehill distinctive in the marketplace among our peer and aspirant institutions.
- Leverage Academic Strengths - ideas that focus on areas of current academic success that we can improve and build upon, such as the integration of liberal arts and professional learning and our commitment to high-impact, experiential learning.
- Position the College as an Emerging Leader – projects that differentiate us from our peers and position us to serve as an emerging leader in higher education.
- Align with Strategic Priorities and College Mission – projects that align with our existing strategic priorities and are rooted in the College’s established mission, which are outlined here.
- Encourage Campus Collaboration – projects that leverage knowledge and expertise from across campus and promote interdisciplinary collaboration.
Although there are no specific requirements regarding Bold Ideas budgets, we encourage projects with budgets that range from $100,000 to $1 million or more. Projects and Ideas should not be:
- Defined solely by a capital project or a naming opportunity.
- Projects that are narrow in scope or represent operating expenses bundled together.
- Unsustainable beyond initial funding – e.g., projects must either leverage existing resources or demonstrate success that would likely garner continued institutional budgetary support beyond the initial funding period.
Bold Ideas Proposal Form
The Bold Ideas proposal application can be accessed here.
Bold Ideas Timeline
|1. Initial announcement of Bold Ideas proposal to faculty and staff at the Faculty Recognition Dinner in early May.||May 2017|
|2. Hold Bold Ideas proposal information sessions, which will be recorded and made available through the Bold Ideas website for interested faculty and staff).||Summer 2017|
|3. Additional Bold Ideas information sessions will be held during the fall semester including Academic Development Day on October 10.||Fall 2017|
|4. Deadline for Bold Ideas submissions through the online process is 11:59 p.m.||December 1, 2017|
|5. Bold Ideas Selection Committee, which will be led by the Provost and consist of key institutional members, including the President, meets to review submissions and select top Bold Ideas submissions.||December - January 2017|
|6. Teams from selected Bold Ideas projects prepare full proposals with more project specifics, implementation timelines, and detailed budgets. Advancement representatives will implement fundraising strategies and create marketing materials for the selected Bold Ideas projects.||February– April 2018|
|7. Deadline for full proposal submission of selected Bold Ideas projects through the online process is 11:59 p.m.||April 30, 2018|
|8. Present Campaign Steering Committee of the Board with final project selections put forward by the Bold Ideas Selection Committee.||May 2018|
|9. Advancement staff and Campaign Steering Committee members share full proposals with major campaign donors.||Summer 2018|
|10. Tentative project launch dates, subject to availability of campaign funds. Funding for projects will be based on donor interest and/or availability of unrestricted funds within the Academic Innovation and Excellence campaign priority area, and will be disbursed at the discretion of the Provost with approval from the Bold Ideas RFP Selection Committee.||AY2018 – AY2020|