In November, the My Stonehill mobile application was released for Apple and Android devices. The mobile app provides convenient access to a variety of information for the Stonehill community. What’s for lunch at the Commons on Tuesday? Check out the dining menus from the app. When will the shuttle arrive at Braintree Plaza? The Skyhawk Shuttle feature shows real-time GPS tracking of the shuttle. When’s the next women’s basketball game? The Athletics feature gives you scores and schedules.
The mobile app is developed using a framework from Ellucian, the same vendor that provides our Banner systems. This software enables a very flexible environment to develop app features as well as include other apps like the shuttle tracking and LaundryView. Ongoing development by Ellucian will provide valuable new features like drop/add and dynamic content based on your role at Stonehill. Mobile access to the new learning management system will be included as the LMS is rolled out.
The current features in the My Stonehill app are listed below.
- News Feed – displays a dynamic feed from the News Around Campus from the Stonehill website
- Student, Faculty and Staff Calendar - displays dynamic feeds from calendar.stonehill.edu
- Course Information – provides faculty member and enrolled students with meeting pattern, location, faculty contact, course description, and roster
- Grades – provides students with their grades from current and past courses
- Holds – enables students to view holds on their records with an indication of new holds
- Important Numbers – includes phone numbers for emergency services and key offices.
- Campus Map – features information on each buildings and the ability obtain directions to navigate the campus
- Directory – allows the Stonehill community to search by full or partial name (e.g. Ed) for contact info for students, faculty and staff
- Athletics – links to the popular athletics mobile site featuring scores, teams and sports news
- LaundryView – provides students with up-to-the-minute status of laundry machines in their res halls with the ability to receive a text message when the machines become available
- Skyhawk Shuttle – shows shuttle routes with Track the Shuttle to get real-time GPS locations of active routes as well as estimated time to the next stop
- Hill Dollar Merchants – shows vendors by category that accept Hill Dollars including address phone
If you aren’t one of the over 2,220 users to download the app, search for "Stonehill College" in the App Store for iOS devices or Google Play Android devices, or just use these links. The app is available to anyone at no charge. However, access to course information, the directory, and other privileged services require a Stonehill username and password.