Fall 2014: "Creativity Across the Disciplines"
Tuesday, October 14, 8:30 - 2:00
This fall the Visual and Performing Arts Department is partnering with the CTL to organize our Academic Development Day conversation around the idea of "Creativity Across The Disciplines." We'll kick off the day with a keynote panel of Stonehill faculty talking about how their engagements with creativity and the arts have impacted their teaching and their students' learning. We'll then break out into smaller discussions about how we can cultivate creative skills in our students across our various disciplines.
Planning is still underway for the morning program, so if you'd like to help lead a breakout session or contribute in another way, please don't hesitate to contact the CTL Director.
Over lunch we'll welcome Professor Thomas M. Landy to lead us in a conversation about the "Catholic Intellectual Tradition as a Source for Creativity, Imagination and Dialogue." Dr. Landy is Director of the Center for Religion, Ethics and Culture at the College of the Holy Cross as well as a Lecturer in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology. The College is grateful to the Association for Catholic Colleges and Universities for funding Dr. Landy's visit.
Past AD Day Programs
- Fall 2013: "Teaching Naked" (José Bowen)
- Fall 2012: "Metacognition in the Classroom" (Saundra McGuire)
- Spring 2012: "Stereotype Threat and Academic Achievement" (Geoff Cohen)
- Fall 2011: "Decoding the Disciplines" (David Pace & Arlene Díaz); "Creating Inclusive Classrooms" panel
- Fall 2010: "Learning to Write/Writing to Learn" (David Fleming)
- Spring 2010: "Public Scholarship/Public Pedagogies" (Cathy Burack, Timothy Eatman, & Bob Zellner)
- Spring 2009: "Diversity Matters" (Ron Jackson)
- Fall 2008: "Navigating the Academic Career"
- Spring 2008: "Engaging Students In and Out of the Classroom"