Professor Craton is originally from Michigan. His music cognition research explores listeners’ perception of harmony in popular mainstream music and the mechanisms underlying musical response. He has also begun working on the second book in the Darwinian Guide to Parenting series (darwinschild.com), an amusing, practical look at how evolutionary science can help moms and dads enjoy the everyday challenges of raising kids.
- Craton, L. G., Juergens, D. S., Michalak, H. R., & Poirier, C. R. (2016). Roll Over Beethoven? An initial investigation of listeners’ perception of chords used in rock music. Music Perception, 33, 332-343. Download
- B.S., Psychology, Tufts University
- Ph.D., Child Psychology, University of Minnesota
- Psychological Science
- Developmental Psychology I
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Advanced Research in Developmental Psychology