- “Narrative Revolutions in Nat Turner and Joseph Smith,” American Literary History (Summer 2012).
- “‘Strange foreshadowing’: Prophecy and Unpredictable Reading in Dred,” Stowe Society sponsored panel, American Literature Association Conference, Boston, MA, May 2013.
- “Tom Paine’s Spirit: Fiction, Fame, and Spiritualist Authorship,” North American Victorian Studies Association, Seminar on Victorian Psychical Messaging, Madison, WI, September 2012.
- “Crowdsourcing Authority in Spiritualist Narratives,” Northeast MLA, Rochester, NY, March 2012 (Chair and panelist)
- “‘The voice, without reply:’ John Brown and Du Bois’s Political Prophecy,” American Literature Association, Boston, MA, May 2011 (Panel organizer and panelist)
- “Speculative Science, Future Communities, and the Production of Belonging,” American Studies Association, Washington, D.C., November 2009 (Moderator and commenter)