If you or someone you know has experienced a sexual assault, the following information explains the different reporting options and resources available. If you have any questions or would like to talk to someone further about this, you may contact any of the following.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Privacy means that information related to a report of violations of this Policy will be shared with a limited circle of College employees who “need to know” in order to assist in the assessment, investigation, and resolution of the report. All employees who are involved in the College’s response to reports of violations of this Policy receive specific training and guidance about sharing and safeguarding private information in accordance with state and federal law.
Confidentiality exists in the context of laws that protect certain relationships, including with medical and clinical care providers, mental health providers, counselors, and ordained clergy, all of whom may engage in confidential communications under Massachusetts law. The College has designated individuals who have the ability to have privileged communications as “Confidential Employees.”
On Campus Confidential Resources
(*Please Note: Front desk staff are PRIVATE not confidential. Therefore, when making your appointment in regards to a sexual assault, simply indicate the matter is of a personal or confidential nature, and no further information will be required.)
- Counseling Services, 508-565-1331 (Ask for an appointment, you may state that it is urgent)
- Health Services, 508-565-1307, (Ask for an appointment, you may state that it is urgent)
- Campus Ministry, 508-565-1487 (Ask to speak with a clergy member)
- Athletic Trainers, 508-565-1384 (Ask to speak with a NATABOC certified Athletic Trainer)
- Confidential Resource Providers:
- Steve Fitzgerald, 508-565-1773
- Marilena Hall, 508-565-1182
Off Campus Confidential Resources
- A New Day Rape Crisis Hotline, 508-588-8255
- Brockton Hospital Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, 508-941-7400
On Campus Private Resources
- Student Affairs, Duffy 146, 508-565-1363
- Health and Wellness Office, Roche Dining Commons Room 101, 508-565-1544
- Residence Life, Duffy 145, 508-565-1290
- Campus Police, Campus Police Building 508-565-5555
You can also use our Sexual Misconduct Incident Report Form to file a report with the Title IX Coordinator.