I've worked at newspapers throughout New England for more than 25 years, winning regional and national awards, including Journalist of the Year three times.
Over the years I've covered stories ranging from presidential hopefuls in New Hampshire to serial killers, crime and courts in Massachusetts. I've worked at The Enterprise of Brockton, Mass., The Standard-Times of New Bedford, Mass., and The Union-Leader of New Hampshire. While in college, I interned at the then-Bridgeport Post and The Hartford Courant in Connecticut.
- B.A., Journalism major, English minor, University of Bridgeport, C.T.
- M.A., Criminal Justice, Anna Maria College, Paxton, MA
- Society for Features Journalism, First Place, national award, 2011,feature specialty reporting
- New England Society of Newspaper Editors, 2007 Community Reporting Award, given to one New England reporter in newspapers under 40,000 circulation who has shown expertise in covering a region.
- New England Press Association finalist for Journalist of the Year 2007
- Journalist of the Year 2003
- Journalist of the Year 2001
- Journalist of the Year 1993
- New England Press Association, 2007, first place in investigative reporting, general news coverage, social issues reporting and health reporting
- New England Associated Press News Executives Association, second place, beat reporting, 2007
- New England Associated Press News Executives Association, third place, enterprise reporting, 2007
- New England Associated Press News Executives Association, third place, deadline reporting, 2007
- Journalism Law and Ethics
- Newswriting and Reporting
- Advanced Newswriting and Reporting
- Development of American News Media