Built to Accommodate Your Career and Foster Networking
The executive (low-residency) format of the Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics fits seamlessly into students’ busy professional lives while fostering valuable networking and learning opportunities with classmates who are also charting their path to success in the field. It combines online with in-person instruction that brings students together on campus about one weekend a month. Students also attend a three-day intensive residency at the start of each semester.
Full-time Student Residency
- Program start: Fall (There will be an extended three-day residency at the start of each semester)
- Semesters: (3)
- Courses per semester: (3)
- On-campus courses (Friday evening, Saturday): Fall/Spring (6), Summer (4)
- Program start: Fall or Spring (There will be an extended three-day residency at the start of each semester)
- Semesters: (6 or 9)
- Courses per semester: (1 or 2)
The Data Analytics program is taught from an applied perspective. Each course teaches necessary theory but is mostly practical and relates the content to a demonstrable skill that can be immediately applied in the workplace. It consists of 32 credits designed to equip professionals with the skills necessary to excel in today’s data-driven world. Upon graduation, students will be able to:
- Identify a business problem or opportunity and how data analytics may be applied to solve the problem and/or increase business value.
- Acquire, access, assay and prepare data for analysis.
- Identify and perform appropriate methods of data analysis.
- Interpret and communicate analysis results to stakeholders without bias.
- Conduct data analysis with high regard for security, privacy and ethics.
SAS Academic Specialization
In addition to a master’s degree, students will also earn a Tier 3 academic specialization from the SAS Institute, affirming their technical competencies in various SAS analytics products, such as: SAS Enterprise Miner, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide. Students also have the option of pursuing up to two professional certifications.