You are required to take the Calculus Readiness Assessment if you are intending to major in Astronomy, Computer Science, Earth & Planetary Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Photonics or Physics. This will help us assess whether we should provide you with additional resources to ensure your success in Calculus in the fall semester.
If you are majoring in one of the other sciences, you are NOT required to take the Calculus Readiness Assessment because our recommendation is for you to take Pre-Calculus prior to taking Calculus. However, you may take the Calculus Readiness Assessment if you have a strong background in Calculus and would like to be able to bypass Pre-Calculus and go directly into Calculus.
How to Complete the Calculus Readiness Assessment
The purpose of the Calculus Readiness Assessment is to determine which math course will be the best option for you in the fall. Please answer questions to the best of your ability. Otherwise, your course recommendation may not be suitable to your level of knowledge.
The assessment consists of twenty-four multiple-choice questions. Sixteen questions have a value of two points, eight questions have a value of one point. At the conclusion of the assessment, you will be provided with your score via email.
To complete the survey:
- Access the Calculus Readiness Assessment here.
- Your credentials for the survey will be the same username and password you use to log into your Application Status Page. If you do not remember your password, please use the Forgot Your Password link on the login page.
- When you have answered questions to your satisfaction, please click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- We expect that the assessment will take less than an hour to complete. If you need more time to complete the assessment, you may utilize the Save for Later button at the bottom of the page.
- Take the assessment without referring to any books or notes.
- You are not allowed to use any type of calculator.
- There is no time limit for the assessment.
- If you do not know the answer to a question, you should not guess. Simply leave your answer blank.