The Shields Center offers state-of-the-art laboratories designed by the architects with input from the faculty in the different fields to foster inquiry and learning.
The Peggy and Ray Pettit atrium is now one of the most popular places on campus. Students gather there to study at all hours of the day. Adjacent to the atrium is the Dunkin Donuts kiosk open for about sixteen hours a day to support the students and faculty in the building.
High-Tech Research Equipment
- Morris Water Maze with Polytrack video system
- Tissue Culture Facility
- Open Field Photobeam Activity System
- Small Animal Stereotaxic Apparatus
- High Field Digital NMR Spectrometer
- Raman Spectrophotometer
- UPLC System with Tandem Mass Spectrometer Detection
- Femtosecond Pulse Laser Systems with 4W Opus Laser
- Transmission Electron Microscope