Housing Selection Overview
Housing Selection is the process of applying for and choosing your 2019-2020 academic year housing assignment. This process includes:
- Completing the Housing Application in MyHousing
- Selecting roommate(s)/suitemates
- Selecting a housing assignment.
Housing Selection Timeline:
|Housing Accommodations Deadline||March 15, 2019|
|Housing Applications||February 1, 2019 - March 15, 2019|
|Roommate Selection||February 18, 2019 - March 22, 2019|
|Find a Roommate Night||Tuesday March 12, 2019 @ 5PM in Cleary Dining Room|
|Res Hall Crawl (Tours)||Sunday March 24, 2019|
|Quiet Housing Selection (Notre Dame du Lac)||Monday April 1, 2019|
|Village House Lottery (Rising Sophomores)||Monday April 1, 2019|
|Rising Senior Blocking Lottery||Tuesday April 2, 2019|
|Rising Senior General Lottery||Wednesday April 3, 2019|
|Rising Junior Blocking Lottery||Thursday April 4, 2019|
|Rising Junior General Lottery||Tuesday April 9, 2019|
|Rising Sophomore General Lottery||Thursday April 11, 2019|
Class Standing/Class Year:
Housing Selection is conducted in order of class year as determined by your graduation year. It is important that you check your class year in myHill, as that class year will be the one used during the housing lottery.
2020 = Rising Senior
2021 = Rising Junior
2022 = Rising Sophomore
Single Bedrooms: Single occupancy bedrooms are rooms designed to house one student. Due to the limited number of single bedrooms on campus our office is not able to offer single bedrooms to students through the lottery process. Single bedrooms are typically assigned to students who demonstrate a need for that type of space through the Housing Accommodation Process.
Double Bedrooms: Double occupancy bedrooms are rooms designed to house two students. Double occupancy rooms cannot be tripled.
Tripleable Double Bedrooms: Tripleable Double occupancy bedrooms are rooms designed to house two students but are large enough to hold a third person if requested.
- Voluntary Triples: Students can request to make a tripleable double into a three person room by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org after the housing selection period has ended. Two roommates will need to select a tripleable double in the selection process and then add the third person after selection has ended. *** Due to room size it may not be possible to have a dresser or wardrobe placed in the room for a third roommate.
Quadable Triple Bedrooms: Quadable Triple occupancy bedrooms are rooms designed to house three students but are large enough to hold a fourth person if requested.
- Voluntary Quads: Students can request to make a quadable triple into a four person room by contacting email@example.com after the housing selection period has ended. Three roommates will need to select a quadable triple in the selection process and then add the fourth person after selection has ended.
Triple Bedrooms: Triple occupancy bedrooms are rooms designed to house three students.
Students participating in a College-sponsored study abroad program or a full-time, College-approved, off-campus internship program for the fall semester will not participate in the fall lottery process. These students will need to complete a Spring 2020 housing application which will be available on MyHousing beginning in the fall.
If you go through the Fall 2019 housing lottery and then withdraw from housing, you will lose the space you have selected. Your roommate will be assigned a new roommate. If you apply to go abroad or intern away for the fall or spring semester and later cancel your plans, you will not be guaranteed a room on campus.