Resident Assistant 2018-2019 Job Description
- Know and engage with all members of the residence community
- Provide assistance to residents and act as a referral agent when appropriate
- Meet the needs and interests of residents through programming efforts based on the Residence Life programming model
- Complete bulletin boards and door tags
- Provide opportunities for conversations around issues of alcohol and other drugs, academic life, and varied identities
- Maintain a physical environment free from damage and engage residents in conversations, should damage occur
- Perform active duty functions in rotation with area staff
- Assist in mediating conflict between residents
- Demonstrate effective listening and communication skills based on Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Engage others in conversations about issues of diversity and social justice
- Celebrate diversity within the community
- Engage others in conversations about spirituality and the College’s Catholic mission
- Be aware of and communicate rationale for College policies and procedures
- Provide residents with information and refer students to appropriate information sources
- Understand and follow departmental and College policies and procedures
- Respect and maintain privacy
- Give and receive feedback from others in an appropriate manner
- Act as a role model for others
- Balance academics, personal life, and extracurricular activities with Residence Life responsibilities
- Actively participate in training, staff development meetings, area staff meetings, and individual meetings
- Act as a representative of the Office of Residence Life
- Maintain appropriate time management skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Are matriculated, full-time undergraduate students at Stonehill College who, by the time of employment, would have completed two consecutive semesters at the institution.
- Must be in good academic standing, maintaining a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be in good standing in regards to Community Standards.
Room and board for the fall and spring semesters will be covered by the Office of Residence Life for the duration of employment of the Resident Assistant. Room and board is currently valued at approximately $15,000 per academic year.