|SUMMER COURSE REGISTRATION||SUMMER COURSE TUITION & FEES||SUMMER COURSE LISTINGS|
- 8 Weeks | May 29 - Jul 20
- 3 Credits | Cost: $1425.00
- Online myHill Registration | April 9 – May 22
- Online Payment is Due at Time of Registration
The hit Broadway musical “Hamilton” has inspired audiences around the world with its hip-hop styled interpretation of the life and times of Alexander Hamilton and his band of revolutionary brothers. But how familiar are we with the actual history the musical presents? This course examines both the irreverent musical and the revolutionary history that informs it, analyzing the biographies and historical contexts of Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, George Washington, Elizabeth and Angelica Schuyler, and the famous duel that ended one founder's life and another’s promising career. We will look at the complicated personalities and politics of these figures and analyze “who lives, who dies, who tells your story."
- Fulfills the History Cornerstone General Education Requirement.
- Does not count towards Elementary Education licensure.
- Faculty will contact all students after the May 22nd registration deadline with course instructions. Students should expect to dedicate approximately 17 hours of course related work per week.