Undergraduate Student Accounts FAQs

What are the base charges for this year (2018-2019)?

Tuition and Fees: $ 42,746
Room and Board with Meal Plan: $ 15,900
Room Guarantee Fee (resident students only):  $100

When are my tuition bills due?

Bills for the fall semester are due August 1. Bills for the spring semester are due January 2.

Where is my tuition bill mailed?

Bills for the fall semester are available online in early-July, and bills for the spring semester are available online in early December. Bills are generated in the student's name. Students and their assigned authorized users receive e-mails when bills are available online. Updated statements for all students are posted monthly. 

How do I pay my bill?

Please refer to our Payment Options page.

How do I pay using my 529 Plan?

After receiving the semester bill, contact your 529 plan administrator and request the amount you need for the semester.
In order to avoid late fees and/or delays at the start of the semester, please allow adequate time for processing.  The 529 plan should make the check payable to Stonehill College, include the student's name and student ID number, and mail to

College Cashier, Merkert-Tracy
Stonehill College
320 Washington St
Easton, MA  02357


I have a credit balance on my account. How do I get a check?

Requests should be made to Student Accounts. Once all funds from financial aid sources have been received, a check will be mailed to your home address.

When is financial aid applied to my tuition account?

Typically half of each institutional and government award is credited to your account in each semester. The entire amount cannot be credited to one semester unless otherwise noted.  In order to be credited to your account, all requested financial aid documents must be received, all awards must be accepted on myHill, myServices, My Financial Aid Award, and all loan paperwork must be completed.

Why have I been charged for the College’s health insurance when I have my own?

State law requires that students taking nine or more credits in a semester carry health insurance and annually provide proof of such insurance to the College. Therefore, you have been charged a health insurance premium for the academic year and must complete and online waiver or acceptance of the insurance at www.gallagherstudent.com/stonehill .The insurance premium on your bill will be canceled ONLY if we receive electronic confirmation from Gallagher Student that the process is completed. The standard late fee is charged against the assessed insurance premium if the waiver process is not completed by the payment due date, regardless of whether or not the insurance is waived.

How do I add money to my Hill Card?

Funds can be added to the Hill Card in several ways. Students can bring cash or checks to the Cashier's Office in Merkert Tracy, Room 162. Checks can be mailed to the College Cashier, indicating the student name, ID number and that funds are to be added to the Hill Card. Funds can be added online using a credit card at the following link

How do I get a parking decal?

All students with cars on campus must register their cars and purchase parking decals each year. You must register your car on myHill/myCampus/myParking. Residents are charged $150 for the year, and commuters are charged $75 for the year. The charge for the decal will be assessed to your student tuition account.  Failure to register your car and adhere the decal to the vehicle will result in parking violation charges.

Does Stonehill offer a Tuition Payment Plan?

The College offers both a 4 and 5 month payment plan each semester for a nominal fee. Please refer to our Payment Plan Page.

I will be taking a credit overload this semester.  How will I be charged?

Click here for credit overload charge information.

Does Stonehill offer a Prepaid Tuition Plan?

Yes. Please refer to our Prepaid Tuition Page.

Are there additional costs associated with Study Abroad?

An abroad fee of $375 per semester will be charged to students who choose to study away. This fee will be waived for students studying away for the fall 2018 semester.  Since you will remain a Stonehill student while abroad, your other charges will equal those assessed for any Stonehill student. You will receive a bill from Stonehill, including your financial aid, and you must pay the balance due to Stonehill as you normally would.  For further information about studying abroad while at Stonehill, click here.

Does Stonehill offer Tuition Refund Insurance?

Families have the option to sign up for supplemental Tuition Insurance program through Liberty Mutual and receive 100% tuition reimbursement for withdrawals for medical reasons.  The deadline to enroll is the day before classes start for the fall semester.  To learn more and enroll, click here