Please review the following guidelines if you are interested in applying for a Student Travel Grant:
- Application for funds should be submitted prior to attending the meeting.
- Requests are made through the High Impact experience Award Application.
- The maximum award each semester per student is $300. If, in the spring semester, there are adequate funds available, a second application from a student to attend a second professional meeting or competition will be considered, but a second award should not be considered automatic.
Examples of expenses associated with attending a professional meeting are:
Attending to present results of original research, discuss a unique academic program, or participate in a visual, performance, or creative arts competition.
- travel costs (e.g., mileage, plane/train/bus tickets, parking)
- hotel, if trip is overnight
- professional business attire (e.g., shoes, blouse, dress pants, blazer, tie)
How to Apply
Application for funds should be made PRIOR to your attendance at the professional meeting.
Requests are made through the High-Impact Experience Award Application.
Applications are reviewed monthly and faculty sponsors are notified of the outcome after the review period.
The review and award notification timeline are below. Only those applications received by a deadline date will be considered during that cycle.
|Application Deadline||Review Period||Award Notification|
|October 14, 2019||Oct. 15 – 25, 2019||October 28, 2019|
|November 11, 2019||Nov. 12 – 22, 2019||November 25, 2019|
|December 9, 2019||Dec. 10 – 20, 2019||December 26, 2019|
|January 20, 2020||Jan. 21 – Jan 31, 2020||February 3, 2020|
|February 17, 2020||Feb. 18 – 28, 2020||March 2, 2020|
|March 16, 2020||Mar. 17 – 27, 2020||March 30, 2020|
|April 13, 2020||Apr. 14 – 24, 2020||April 27, 2020|
|May 11, 2020||May 12 – 22, 2020||May 25, 2020|