Review Your Degree Audit

  • Access your degree audit in myHill > Students> Academics>myAudit. Reviewing your audit will help you plan for the courses you need to take. Make sure you are on track towards the 124 credits and 2.00 GPA requirements for graduation.

Review the online Course Listings and topic lists.

  • For the course listing go to: myHill > Students> Academics > Classes and Registration 
  • Check the Pre-requisite line – make sure that you have fulfilled the pre-requisite. If you have not, you will need to complete a Course Approval Form and obtain permission of the instructor to register for the course.
  • Full descriptions of the Cornerstone courses, First-Year Seminars, Learning Communities, and “Topics” courses are on the Registrar’s course listing webpage.
  • Search for courses with attributes (i.e. all Moral Inquiry or American Studies courses) by selecting all the subjects and then the corresponding attribute.

Set up a meeting with your Primary Advisor in advance to obtain your required Registration PIN.

  • Your advisor is listed on your myAudit and in myHill > Students > Academics> My Profile.
  • If you have 2 majors, you will receive your PIN number from your Primary Advisor (1st major), though you are encouraged to see both advisors.
  • If you changed your major prior to the date on the academic calendar, you must see your past advisor to get your PIN.

Course Approvals:

Students are required to complete a Course Approval Form to be waived from a prerequisite or course restriction (i.e.: major/minor, class year, honors restriction…etc.) The Course Approval Form can be found online at myHill > Students > Academics > Registration Forms> Course Approval Form and needs to be signed by the appropriate faculty member and returned to the Registrar’s Office, Duffy 112.

Faculty may send email permission to the student in lieu of signing the form, but please note that the Registrar’s Office cannot accept emails directly from faculty since the student needs to complete the Course Approval Form and may need to adjust their schedule. (We will accept email permissions for student who are currently abroad or away from the College.)

Course Approval Steps:

  • Complete and submit the online Course Approval Form (myHill > Students > Academics > Registration Forms > Course Approval Form.)
  • A copy of the form will be emailed to you.
  • Print, Sign, and obtain the signature of the relevant faculty member. Students may also attach an email form the faculty to the form. Faculty should not email the Registrar’s Office directly.
  • Return the form to the Registrar’s Office, Duffy 112, or scan and email the approved form to for processing.

Note: Course Approvals must be received and processed prior to your registration date/time to add the course in question to your schedule. Approvals do not guarantee you a seat in the class.

When to use a Course Approval Form:

When you have not completed a prerequisite course Prerequisite Waived
When you are taking a prerequisite over the summer or transferring in a prerequisite course Transfer Prerequisite in Progress
When you want to take a course that is restricted to a specific major(s) or minor(s) Major/Minor Restriction
When you want to take a course that is designated for a specific class year(s) Class Year Restriction
When a course is designated for Honors Scholars only & you are not an Honors Scholar Honors Restriction
When a course requires the permission of the Instructor to register Faculty Permission Req
When you want to take a part of a Learning Community. (This is only processed after students who need the entire LC are registered first.) Take Part of an LC
When you want to register for two courses that have a minimal time overlap Time Conflict
When you want to register for a class that you have previously failed or withdrawn from. Repeat course if withdrew/failed (only requires Registrar's Office Permission)
When you want to repeat a course (one time) in which a C-, D+ or D was earned. Repeat course if earned C-, D+, D (See the Registrar's Office for guidelines)
When you want to take two Topics courses with the same number in the same semester. (e.g. Take 2 POL 357 Topics in Politics courses in the same semester) Take 2 Topics with Same (only requires Registrar's Office Permission)
When you want to add a 1-credit WRI 401 Writing-in- the-Disciplines Supplement to an existing course in order to complete the WID requirement WRI 401 as 1 cr. Writing-in-the-Disciplines add-on (This form must also be signed by the Asst. Dean of General Education)

Use the College Schedule Planner to search for a schedule which you can save into a Scheduler Cart until registration. 

  • The College Scheduler Links can be found in myHill > Students > Academics> Classes and Registration > College Planner. If you have issues accessing the Scheduler, try another browser (we recommend using Chrome).
  • You will save your desired schedule into a scheduler cart which you can save until the time of your registration. At that time, you simply log into myHill > Students> Academics> Classes and Registration > Scheduler Cart
  • You will enter your Registration PIN and then click Registration.
  • Please note that finding and saving a desired schedule in the Scheduler Cart does not guarantee registration in a class.

We wish you luck with registration. We know it is stressful, but remember that this is just the beginning of registration so you need to be patient with the process.

Please contact the Registrar’s Office in Duffy 112,, 508-565-1315 or the Office of Academic Services & Advising in Duffy 104,, 508-565-1306 with any questions.

Duffy Academic Center – 112

The Registrar's Office works to safeguard the accuracy, integrity, confidentiality and security of the student information system and of students' academic records; and to provide the accurate and timely dissemination of course and scheduling information.