Stonehill in Boston Internship Program
Each semester, the Career Development Center offers students an opportunity to intern full-time for a semester in Boston, or the Greater Boston Area, while living on campus. Students will gain invaluable experience, amazing connections, and an educational experience like no other. Students earn a full semester of credit for this program. Students pay their regular tuition and fees and any received financial aid is applied. All majors are welcome to apply!
RECENT FULL-TIME BOSTON INTERNSHIP SITES INCLUDE:
- The Vertex Companies, Inc.
- Massachusetts Law Enforcement Training Alliance
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- International Institute of New England
- TruNorth Investments, LLC
- Brewster Ambulance
- John Hancock
- Essex County Sheriff's Department
- Department of Homeland Security
Applications for the Spring 2020 semester are due in Handshake by Friday, September 27th.
Students must also register through myHill prior to the deadline: myPlans > Stonehill U.S. Internship Request for Approval > Boston Internship Program. Make sure to review our application requirements before getting started.
Students are awarded 15 credits upon completion of the Stonehill in Boston Program. The breakdown is as follows:
- 9 Credits: Full time internship in the student’s major department pending the approval of the department's faculty moderator
- 3 Credits: Course of choice taken at Stonehill
- 3 Credits: Work through student's academic department (may consist of weekly journals and a research paper, but varies by department)
Before applying to the Stonehill in Boston Internship Program, students must meet certain qualifications. These include:
- A resume approved by a member of the Career Development team
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA and junior standing. Students who do not meet this criteria must obtain written approval (letter or email) from their faculty moderator prior to submitting an application.
- A level of maturity demonstrated by responsible behavior at Stonehill College
- Completion all application materials by the deadlines specified by the Career Development Center
- Approval of the Director of Career Development and the Dean of Students
- The intention to grow, both on an academic and professional level, in a new city
- Applications for the Spring 2020 semester are due in Handshake by Friday, September 27th.
Log into Handshake to apply. Students must also register through myHill prior to the deadline: myPlans > Stonehill U.S. Internship Request for Approval > Boston Internship Program.