Stonehill Full-Time Internship Program: Local
Each semester, the Career Development Center offers students an opportunity to intern full-time for a semester in Boston, or the Greater Boston Area, while living on campus. Students will gain invaluable experience, amazing connections, and an educational experience like no other. Students earn a full semester of credit for this program. Students pay their regular tuition and fees and any received financial aid is applied. All majors are welcome to apply!
RECENT FULL-TIME INTERNSHIP SITES IN THE BOSTON AREA INCLUDE:
- The Vertex Companies, Inc.
- Massachusetts Law Enforcement Training Alliance
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- International Institute of New England
- TruNorth Investments, LLC
- Brewster Ambulance
- John Hancock
- Essex County Sheriff's Department
- Department of Homeland Security
Students are awarded 15 credits upon completion of the SFTIP: Local program. The breakdown is as follows:
- 9 Credits: Full time internship in the student’s major department pending the approval of the department's faculty moderator
- 3 Credits: Course of choice taken at Stonehill
- 3 Credits: Work through student's academic department (may consist of weekly journals and a research paper, but varies by department)
Before applying to the Stonehill in Boston Internship Program, students must meet certain qualifications. These include:
- A resume approved by a member of the Career Development team
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA and junior standing. Students who do not meet this criteria must obtain written approval (letter or email) from their faculty moderator prior to submitting an application.
- A level of maturity demonstrated by responsible behavior at Stonehill College
- Completion all application materials by the deadlines specified by the Career Development Center facilitated via Handshake
- Approval of the Director of Career Development and the Director of Community Standards
- The intention to grow, both on an academic and professional level, in a new city