Accommodations Appeal Process
- Students seeking to appeal any reasonable accommodations granted by OAR are encouraged to take the following steps:
- Write a personal statement regarding the reason for the appeal and submit to the Office of Accessibility Resources:
- The request for appeal will be reviewed by the Director of OAR or designee who will evaluate the matter and make appropriate recommendations within 10 working days of receiving the appeal. If the matter can not be successfully resolved to the student's satisfaction, the appeal will be forwarded to the ADA Officer.
- The ADA Officer will review and evaluate appeals and provide a written determination as to the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution to the complainant and other appropriate campus authorities within 30 calendar days of receipt.
- The right of the student to a prompt and equitable resolution of the complainant will not be impaired by the person's pursuit of other remedies such as the filing of a Section 504 or ADA complaint with the responsible federal department or agency.
If you have any questions regarding the accommodations process at Stonehill College, please feel free to review this FAQ Form or contact the Office of Accessibility Resources.
The Office of Accessibility Resources (OAR) supports Stonehill’s unwavering commitment to providing a welcoming, supportive and inclusive environment for students with disabilities. Our goal is to create an accessible campus experience by providing a point of coordination, resources and support for our students and the campus community.