Close to 750 alumni and more than 300 family and friends recently participated in Reunion 2017. By the numbers, here’s an overview of the three-day event:
- Ten anniversary classes and 16 Pillar Society classes from 1952 to 2012 participated in 27 events.
- Popular events included: Coffee with the President, a memorial mass, a secret Stonehill walk, campus tours, yoga on the quad, Ames Shovel open house, and games & entertainment for children at the BBQ.
- Thirty two couples renewed their wedding vows in the Chapel of Mary with Alumni Chaplain Rev. Anthony Szakaly, C.S.C.
- Our first class, the Class of 1952, celebrated their 65thAnniversary.
- Forty two members of the Class of 1967 were inducted into the Pillar Society, which includes alumni who have celebrated or are celebrating their 50th
- The Class of 1967 dedicated their gift of $150,000 to the Bridge Fund, which helps students facing unexpected financial setbacks complete their Stonehill education.
- The Class of 2012 set a new 5th Year Reunion attendance record with 42.3 percent of its members returning to campus.
- Alumni traveled from 17 states and the District of Columbia to attend Reunion.
- Hotel Stonehill hosted 367 alums and guests who stayed on campus.
- Twenty eight Student Alumni Association volunteers welcomed alumni, guided them, and worked to make Reunion run smoothly.
- Christine Ferretti ’92 presented President John Denning, C.S.C. with a gift of more than $400,000 representing donations from 589 Reunion alumni.
- Great Reunion Quote...Stonehill gave me opportunity. Stonehill gave me the tools to succeed. Stonehill gave me the strength to overcome obstacles that held me down for much of my life. These reasons and more are why I give to Stonehill!, Randy Jose ’12, Reunion attendee.
To see photos of Reunion highlights, visit here.