After a successful pilot program in the spring of 2016, ALL group study rooms are now booked online!
Guidelines for booking online:
- Rooms must be booked at least one hour in advance and up to one week in advance.
- You may only book for group use (2 or more students).
- Book the room for up to 2 hours.
- The Event Title must be your FULL NAME & YOU must present your Hillcard at the Circulation Desk to check-out the room key.
- Once you enter your date/time preference and select SAVE, your booking is Tentative until confirmed by Circulation Staff via email.
- Bookings will be denied if:
- They are longer than 2 hours.
- If you do not list the names of the students in your group.
- If you attempt to book multiple bookings on the same day.
- Please check your email for confirmation, which you should receive within 30 minutes.
- Stop at the The Desk prior to your confirmed booking to check-out the room key.
- Please be ON TIME for your booking.
- We strongly recommend that groups book a room at least one day and up to 2 weeks ahead.
- We do allow an individual to check out a room key if no groups are waiting for a room. Individuals may not book a room in advance.
GROUP STUDY ROOMS ARE BUSY:
- Please be kind to our student employees and staff; we are doing our best to accommodate as many students as possible.
- We have 13 group study rooms to serve a campus population of nearly 2500.
- Rooms may not be renewed due to the heavy volume of use. When your 2 hours are up, you need to leave the room and return the key, promptly. Library staff should not need to remind you.
- Purpose: the group study rooms are intended to provide a place where a group of students can meet to work on a project or prepare a presentation.
TIPS FOR FINDING GROUP STUDY SPACE:
- Try to avoid the busiest times of the day: 2:00-5:00pm and 6:30-10:30pm. Rooms are often open on weekends.
- Try out the Disco; create a large table, use the technology to project your work.
- Find a large table on the 1st floor (we don’t expect the 1st floor to be quiet) and grab a white board.
- The Info Café might be available, ask at the Reference Desk.
- Looking for a Quiet space: find a study carrel or a comfy chair on the 2nd or 3rd floor.