Deadline: June 30
Immunizations protect people against diseases and prevent certain diseases from spreading. The state of Massachusetts requires that all college students have certain immunizations before coming to school. According to the Massachusetts College Immunization Law, all full-time students are required to have, and to provide documentation for receipt the following immunizations:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): two doses of vaccine
- Tdap (tetanus, diptheria, pertussis) booster
- Hepatitis B series: three doses of vaccine OR laboratory-confirmed proof of immunity
- Varicella (chicken pox): two doses of vaccine OR physician documentation of disease history
- Meningitis vaccine
- Note: It is now a requirement that every student fill out the “Tuberculosis Risk Screening Questionnaire”, and subsequently have further testing if they have answered affirmatively to any of the questions in the screening questionnaire.
In addition to the requirements above, the following vaccinations and screenings are highly recommended: hepatitis A vaccine, meningitis (serogroup B) vaccine, and HPV vaccine.
Health Report Form Requirement
Deadline: June 30
Please complete the Health Report Form which was sent with your admissions packet or can be accessed here.
Health Insurance Requirement
Massachusetts state law requires that students enrolled in 75 percent of full-time curriculum (9 or more credits) participate in a qualifying U.S.-based student health insurance plan.
International students and other non-U.S. residents are required to purchase the Stonehill College Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan, regardless of whether they had previously purchased their own domestic health insurance plan.
Insurance policies from other countries do not meet Massachusetts requirements.
For details of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), please review Student Health Insurance information on the Health Services webpage
Questions about student health care? Please contact:
Health Services Office Manager
Director of Health Services