Assistant Professor of Criminology
Originally from India, Nicky Dalbir served as an instructor at the University of Nebraska at Omaha prior to joining the Stonehill College community in 2022. Her research interests include institutional corrections, jail administrators’ policies and practices, reducing recidivism, and addressing overpopulation in jails in prisons. Her scholarly work has been featured in Corrections and Criminal Justice Policy Review.
Areas of Expertise
- Mental Health
- MA, Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Ph.D., Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Criminological Theories
- Research Methods for Criminology
- Dalbir, N., Wright, E. M., & Steiner, B. (2022). Mental illness, substance use, and co-occurring disorders among jail inmates: Prevalence, recidivism, and gender differences. Corrections, 1-23.
- Atkin-Plunk, C. A., Armstrong, G. S., & Dalbir, N. (2021). Veteran treatment court clients’ perceptions of procedural justice and recidivism. Criminal Justice Policy Review, 32(5), 501-522.