Kenneth J. Branco
Professor of Sociology, Assistant Women's Tennis Coach
- Ph.D. Sociology, Boston College, 1986
- M.S.W. Boston College Graduate School of Social Work, 1976
- B.A. Sociology, 1971
Selected Publications & Presentations
- "Effects of Religiousness on Positive and Negative Social Behavior among Nursing Home Residents: A Race Influence". In Amy Ai and Monika Ardelt (Eds.), Faith and Well-Being in Later Life: Linking Theories with Evidence in an Interdisciplinary Inquiry, Amy Ai and Monika Ardelt (eds.) Nova Publishers, Hauppauge, NY, 2009.
- "Religious Activities, Strength from Faith and Social Functioning among African American and White Nursing Home Residents". Journal of Religion, Spirituality and Aging, (2007), Vol. 19 #4, pp. 3-20.
- "Effects of Church Attendance, Strength of Faith, and Cognitive Impairment on Socially Inappropriate and Abusive Behavior among Nursing Home Residents" Journal of Religion, Spirituality and Aging (2006), Vol 19 #1, pp.17-36.
- "Human Services and Social Justice: Student Reflections on Their Community Service Experience" Presented at Annual Meeting of the Association of Humanist Sociologists, Santa Fe, 2010.
- "Imagining Social Problems: Undergraduate Perspectives on Recipients of Community Services" Annual Meeting of the Association of Humanist Sociologists, New Orleans, 2009.