Eugene P. Quinn
Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Actuarial Mathematics Program Co-Director
I worked in industry for more than 25 years in various capacities. I was a biostatistician at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a statistical analyst at a health insurance company, an applications programmer, a systems programmer, a computer capacity planner, and a technical support project manager. While a graduate student in statistics I collected and coded data on fatal traffic accidents for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. I am currently working as a consultant with the Body Image Program at Butler Hospital in Providence.
- B.A., Mathematics, Providence College, 1973
- M.S., Experimental Statistics, University of Rhode Island, 1977
- Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, University of Rhode Island, 2006
- Recipient, 2006 Robert Sine Award for Teaching Excellence, Mathematics Department, University of Rhode Island.
- Invited speaker, 13th International Conference on Difference Equations, Lisbon, Portugal July, 2007.
- President, Rhode Island Chapter of the American Statistical Association, 2001-2003
- Difference Equations
- Applied Statistics
- Bayesian Statistics
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Linear Algebra
- Linear Models
- Mathematical Modeling
- Real Analysis