To better assist students who have decided that Stonehill College is their first-choice institution, we have created the Early Decision Financial Assistance Estimate Program* to allow students to receive an estimated financial assistance package before committing to the binding Early Decision Agreement. **
Requirements to receive a financial assistance estimate:
Students interested in receiving an early estimate for both merit and need-based financial assistance are required to complete the following steps by the December 1 deadline:
- Complete the Stonehill College Early Decision Financial Assistance Estimate Application (below)
- Complete the Common Application as an Early Decision candidate for Stonehill College
- Complete the Common Application Early Decision Agreement
- Complete the 2018-2019 CSS Profile Financial Assistance Application and designate Stonehill College as the recipient (Stonehill’s school code for the CSS Profile is 3770)
- If divorced, separated, remarried, or never married, forward the link provided on the CSS Profile to the non-custodial parent to complete a Non-Custodial Parent Profile
- Complete the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and designate Stonehill College as the recipient (Stonehill’s school code for the FAFSA is 002217). Please note: It is highly recommended that you use the IRS Data Retrieval tool on the FAFSA to import the financial information to the FAFSA
- Ensure that all transcripts and recommendations are submitted to Stonehill College
What you will receive:
By December 12, you will receive an estimated financial assistance package from Student Financial Assistance. This package will include any Stonehill merit scholarships and/or need-based grant eligibility as well as estimates of federal and state grant and loan eligibility. Students who receive an estimate are still required to submit any other supporting materials by February 1 to confirm their financial assistance package.
What happens next:
If the estimated financial assistance package gives you assurance that Stonehill College is affordable for you and your family, then you should remain in the Early Decision applicant pool, confident that, if offered admission, Stonehill is a financial fit.
If the estimated financial assistance package does not allow you to forego all other possible financial assistance packages, notify the Office of Admission by December 15 that you wish to change your application from Early Decision to either Early Action or Regular Decision. Stonehill will then release you from the Early Decision Agreement. Under Early Action or Regular Decision, students who are offered admission have until May 1 to consider all offers of admission and financial assistance before submitting their enrollment deposit.
Students who do not change their application status by December 15 are bound to the Early Decision Program Agreement.
The Early Decision Financial Assistance Estimate Program submission period for Fall 2018 applicants has closed. Please contact the Office of Admission at 508-565-1373 or email@example.com if you have any questions.