Earn Your Master's in Special Education
Pathway to an Initial Teacher License in Moderate Disabilities PreK-8
The special education master’s degree is designed in both delivery and pedagogy to meet the needs of candidates seeking to earn an initial license in Moderate Disabilities PreK-8 as well as those seeking to add a teaching license to complement a current credential.
Lead with Compassion and Equip Yourself To:
- Design curriculum that meets the learning needs of students with moderate disabilities.
- Elevate your use of literacy and mathematics.
- Use technology as a critical component of curriculum, aiding both teaching and learning.
- Administer and interpret a range of assessment tools, and use assessment data to inform instruction and to modify learning environments.
- Foster inclusivity in classrooms and schools, ensuring meaningful access and engagement for all students.
Choose a Schedule That Fits Your Needs
- A flexible part-time option for students who wish to take their graduate courses one or two at a time across a period of several years.
- A 12-month accelerated option for candidates with previous coursework in education.
Courses are offered in the late afternoon and evening (one night per week) during the fall and spring semesters and/or during two summer terms.