Regis College and Stonehill College have arranged for the preferred admission of qualified Stonehill students each year to the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology at Regis College. The agreement provides a benefit for Stonehill students interested in learning how to access, understand, critically evaluate, and utilize available research and theory to shape their work in a variety of human service milieus and/or in pursuing doctoral level education.
- A waiver of the application fee
- A waiver of the Graduate Record Exam (“GRE”) or Miller Analogies Test (“MAT”) requirement
- Preferred admission into the Counseling Psychology without the competition of the rest of the applicant pool
- Two courses (up to six credits) from Stonehill will transfer into the Counseling Psychology program as two graduate courses [up to six graduate credits] if a qualified student has completed up to two courses from the below list of “Accepted Stonehill College Transfer Eligible Courses” with a grade of “B” or higher.
- Overall GPA of 3.00 or above at Stonehill
- Completion of the following four prerequisite courses at Stonehill with a grade of B or higher in each course:
- PSY 101 General Psychology
- PSY 201 Developmental Psychology I
- PSY 207 Abnormal Psychology
- PSY 261 Introduction to Statistics
- Submission of all Counseling Psychology application materials by the published Regis deadline for entry into the term beginning the fall after senior year at Stonehill.