Accessibility Resources

The Office of Accessibility Resources (OAR) aims to create an accessible campus experience by providing a point of coordination as well as resources and support for our students and the campus community.

Unlike high school, college students need to self-disclose their disability. Enrolled students who believe they have a need for disability-related accommodations are encouraged to register with OAR by completing the following steps:

  1. Self-identify to the OAR by completing an online registration form
  2. Submit disability documentation. Please refer to Stonehill’s Documentation Guidelines for guidance in providing documentation that will establish eligibility for reasonable accommodations.
  3. Schedule an intake interview via or call us at 508-565-1033, preferably before the start of the semester.

Counseling Services

Counseling Services offers free and confidential counseling for students.

Students seek support at counseling for a variety of reasons including but not limited to adjustment, depression, anxiety, self-esteem, relationship or interpersonal concerns, academic struggles, time/stress management, and identity exploration.

Typical services include:

  • Short-term individual one-on-one counseling
  • Case management support to coordinate care and navigate both on and off-campus resources
  • Referral to psychiatric consultation
  • Trainings and outreach programming
  • Peer support and psychoeducational groups
  • Urgent Support always available via our 24/7 Support Line, from anywhere, any time of day.  Call 508-565-1331, Option 2. 

We are eager to welcome our new students to campus. Please consult our Counseling Services website for updates and more information about our services, as well as pandemic-related precautions. Be sure to follow us on Instagram @stonehillcounselingservices for a variety of mental health and wellness tips, resources, and information on accessing support.  

Dining Services

The Stonehill Dine Around Plan is designed to meet the diverse needs of our community by providing a base meal plan of $1,375, in a debit-style account, at the start of each semester. Students who live on campus are required to participate in The Dine Around Plan. 

Unused base meal plan dollars from the fall semester roll over to the spring semester but are not refundable at the end of the academic year. Meal dollars can be added and are only valid at on-campus dining locations.

You also have the option to add Hill Dollars to your student account and these can be used supplement spending on campus and at participating off-campus locations.

Learn more about Dining Services at Stonehill.

Health Services

Health Services offers free and confidential, appointment-based health services for full-time Stonehill College students during the academic year. Health Services is staffed by nurse practitioners, physician assistants and a part-time physician.

Learn more about Health Services, requirements for incoming students and the services provided.

Information Technology

The Stonehill IT webpages contain valuable information about technology, including a Get Started page. This page contains references to many helpful resources for new students, including information on your Stonehill account, managing your password, myHill and laptop recommendations, among others.

There is also informative documentation and training materials in a section called the Knowledge Base.

Office of Intercultural Affairs

The Office of Intercultural Affairs provide academic, cultural, and personal support to students - including students of color , first-generation college students, international students, and LGBTQ+ students - through developing intellectual, social and leadership skills.

Chosen (Preferred) Name

Stonehill College has a strong commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment where the dignity of each person within our community is respected and affirmed. The College also recognizes that some students and employees may prefer to use first names other than their legal name. To uphold this commitment, the College has developed a policy whereby any current student or employee may elect to use a chosen first name in interpersonal interactions and on campus records whenever applicable and appropriate.

This policy is applicable to changing of first names only and is not applicable for individuals requesting a last name change.

Chosen first name: a name that one may wish to use other than their legal first name to identify oneself.

Such examples include:

  1. People who use their middle name instead of their first name
  2. People who use anglicized names
  3. Names that affirm one’s gender identity

Legal first name: a name that appears on official records of identification, such as a person’s passport, driver’s license or government-issued identification cards, birth certificate, or U.S. social security card.

Students wishing to use a chosen first name must initiate this request with the Office of Intercultural Affairs. Employees of the college wishing to use a chosen first name must initiate this request with the Office of Human Resources.

Because the chosen name has to be updated manually, the process for a chosen name change may take up ten (10) business days.

Residence Life

The Office of Residence Life aims to provide an enriching residential experience by encouraging individual student development, and fostering a community of inclusivity, responsibility and compassion. 

First-year students can now complete the online Housing Application on myHill. The deadline to apply for housing is July 15, 2021. Learn more about how to apply for housing as well as special interest housing options for first year students.

Shipping Items to School

Due to the extreme volume of packages received during the beginning of the semester, we request students to bring as many personal items with you to Campus rather than mailing them. We do understand there are certain circumstances that make this difficult and are available to work with you to ensure you have what you need. 

Mail Services will be open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. for package retrieval and mailing services. 

Recommended: Pack a Personal First Aid Kit

Being sick is never fun, especially when you are away from home. Stonehill Health Services is an excellent resource for students who need to make an appointment for evaluation of health related concerns. However, there will be times students will want access to certain first aid and symptom relief items in their residence room.

All students living on campus are encouraged to pack a “personal first aid kit” for personal use if they should feel unwell.

  • Digital thermometer 
  • Non-prescription pain relievers: ibuprofen and Tylenol
  • Prescription medications in original packaging, including as needed prescriptions, like inhalers and nebulizers
  • Antihistamines: Claritin or Zyrtec 
  • Cough Relief: Mucinex (cough expectorant) and Delsym (cough suppressant)
  • Cold Relief: nasal decongestant 
  • Topical antibiotic cream such as Bacitracin
  • Band-Aids 
  • Sunscreen
  • Bug spray with DEET
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Clorox wipes 
  • Instant soup mix
  • Gatorade or other electrolyte beverages

I have a general question about...

The Class of 2025 will go through a hybrid summer Orientation program. We will host both a June in-person experience, as well as various virtual presentations to cover some of the important information that will help prepare you for your start at Stonehill. Summer Orientation dates are Monday, June 21, Tuesday, June 22, Thursday June 24, and Friday, June 25.

Contact the Student Engagement Office with any additional questions.

Stonehill has placement and readiness exams for incoming students that you may need to complete by June 6.

For additional questions about Academic Assessments, contact the Office of Academic Services & Advising

All students who enrolled as resident students must complete the online Housing Application by Thursday, July 15. The application consists of acknowledging the Room and Board Contract and answering questions regarding your personality and living habits. You may also make a specific roommate request if you have one. The online forms are now available on myHill under the myHousing tab. You will need your Stonehill username and password to access this site. Students will be notified of their housing assignment the first week of August.

For additional questions about registering for fall housing, contact the Office of Residence Life

Per state law, students cannot attend college in Massachusetts unless this form is completed and returned to Stonehill College Health Services. Pages 1 and 2 are to be completed by you. Pages 3 and 4 are meant to be completed and signed by your medical provider. Although an appointment with your healthcare provider is not required by Stonehill Health Services for submission of this form, your primary care provider may require an appointment to complete this paperwork. The Health Report, The Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire and a printed copy of your immunization record (signed by your medical provider) are due by June 28.

Contact the Health Services Office at 508-565-1307 with any questions. 

Counseling Services offers free and confidential counseling for students.   

Students seek support at counseling for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, adjustment, depression, anxiety, self-esteem, relationship or interpersonal concerns, academic struggles, time/stress management, and identity exploration.   

Contact Counseling Services at 508-565-1331 with questions or if you are currently working with a clinician at home and wondering about services near Stonehill.

The Department of Information Technology provides technology services and support to Stonehill students, faculty and staff.

If you need access to your Stonehill username, email and password, the department sent an email around Thursday, May 6, to the personal email account we have on file. This message contains important information about your Stonehill email, username and password.

Contact the Information Technology Department with any additional questions.

You can submit your Hill Card ID Photo here. Please visit our website for more information, including photo requirements and instructions for submission.

The Hill Card, your student ID, is used to access residence halls and other campus resources. All new students must upload a photo for use on their Hill Card. You can use an existing digital photo, scan in a school picture or passport-type picture, or take a new picture with a digital camera or smart phone.

Please visit our Hill Card Photos page for more information.

If you have any questions, please contact the Information Technology Service Desk at (508) 565-1111 or

If you think you might need accommodations for a documented disability either during Orientation or during your time at Stonehill, please access the Office of Accessibility Resources request form at

Higher education is an investment in your future. At Stonehill College, the Office of Student Financial Assistance works closely with students and families to answer questions and offer solutions to make that investment affordable.

For questions about financial assistance, contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance

Student Accounts provides information on student billing, tuition and fees, payments and payment plans and tax benefits of education.

For questions about your bill, please contact Student Accounts.

Offices and Services

From Information Technology to the Career Development Center, the various offices, services and departments on campus will act as a resource for you during your four years here. Learn about the offices and resources available to support you during your time at Stonehill.

Contact us with questions about Orientation.

Roche Dining Commons – 103

The Office of Student Engagement provides opportunities that will empower students to create a fun and positive campus community. The office enjoys a strong working and advising relationship with the Student Government Association, class committees and many of the student clubs and organizations.