Assistant Professor of Health Care Administration
A.A., Dean Junior College, 1966
B.A., (Psychology) Nasson College, 1969
Goethe Institute, 1968-1969
M.S., Occupational Therapy, Boston University Employment, 1975
Phone: (508) 565-1260
Office: Duffy 218
- 1969 - 1972 DMH Foxboro State hospital, Occupational therapist to geriatric unit and Head Occupational Therapist
- 1970 - present Consultation in nursing homes, Braemoor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center since 1989
- 1972 - 1985 Director of Elderly Services, Brockton Area Multi Services, Inc. Did some of the first research and training in Elder Abuse through the country and established and ran the Dorn Davies Senior Center in Brockton.
- 1972-present Established private practice and consultation firm, The Elderhealth Institute, providing consultation and education nationally.
- Complete work on a three year grant training 75 tribal leaders through Three Feathers, Norman Oklahoma. Also, extensive work in Sale Lake City with Governor of Utah and the Utah Department on Aging. One year consultant with the United Synagogues of New England working with relocated Jews.
- 1983 - 1986 Executive Director, South Shore Elder Services, Home Care Corp. an Area Agency on Aging.
- 1979-present Stonehill College Health Care Administration Department, from part time instructor to assistant professor, coordinated the Human
- Services Administration Major and directs the Gerontology Certificate Program in the evening division.
Awards, Honors and Community Service (since 1990):
- 1990 Louise Hegarty Award for Excellence in Teaching and Campus Leadership
- 1991 Beeley Lecturer, Graduate School of Social Work, Utah State University
- 1991 Student Service Award, Stonehill Student Government Association
- 1992-Present, Coordinator of Education, Alzheimer's Partnership
- 1995 Community Leadership Award, Brockton Area Multi Services, Inc.
- Introduction to Gerontology
- Creative Process