Medical Science Coordinator, Assistant Professor of Biology
A.B. Biology, University of Massachusetts, Boston
M.Ed., Health Science, Bridgewater State College
Phone: (508) 565-1491
Office: Shields Science Center, 103
Sheila Barry is the Pre-Allied Health Professions Advisor and Assistant Professor of Biology at Stonehill College. Professor Barry:
- Advises current students and alumni interested in health-related professions, (physician assistant, registered nurse, nurse practitioner, nuclear medicine technology, public health, physical therapy, occupational therapy, exercise physiology, public health, medical technology, nutrition, speech language pathology, pharmacy, cytotechnology, etc.) and provides candidates with feedback on essays, choice of schools, timing of application submission and the taking of GREs, and interviewing skills.
- Advises students interested in creating an Interdisciplinary Studies major in Health Sciences.
- Serves as the Program Director/Liaison for: Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Boston for the Physician Assistant (PA) Masters’ Degree affiliation, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester for the PA, Registered Nurse (RN) and Pharmacy programs; Northeastern University, Boston for the Biotechnology, Exercise Physiology, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Public Health programs; Regis College for the Nuclear Medicine Technologist (NMT) program; and Simmons College, Boston for the Direct Entry nursing (NP) and Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) programs.
- Holds informational/individual meetings for current students at all stages of their undergraduate careers regarding requirements for health professions schools.
- Plans informational programming for current students featuring Stonehill alumni, admissions officers from professional schools, and practitioners in allied health professions.
- Coordinates, and supervises Biology Internship Programs.
- Biology of Cancer
- Scientific Methods: Female Medical Issues
- Scientific Methods: Blood and Medicine
- Medical Laboratory Science
- LC The Practice of Medicine and You
- LC Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Internship in Biological Sciences