Rev. David Tyson, C.S.C. Profile - Finalist in Stonehill's Search For Next President
March 12, 2013
Born: April 7, 1948, Gary, Indiana
Ordained: April 5, 1975
Education: Ed. D., Indiana University, 1980, M. Th., University of Notre Dame, Theology, 1974, and A. B., University of Notre Dame, Sociology, 1970.
Doctoral Dissertation: The Impact of the Mission of a Catholic University Upon Selected Activity Centers. A Case Study: The University of Notre Dame.
- Provincial Superior, United States Province, Congregation of Holy Cross, 2011-2012
- Provincial Superior, Indiana Province, Congregation of Holy Cross, 2003-2011
- President, University of Portland, 1990-2003
- Professor of Management, Pamplin School of Business, University of Portland, 1994-2003
- Associate Professor of Management, University of Portland, 1990-1994
- Associate Professor of Management, University of Notre Dame, 1986-1990
- Assistant Professor of Management, University of Notre Dame, 1980-1986
- Vice President for Student Affairs, University of Notre Dame, 1984-1990
Board Experience: University of Notre Dame, University of Portland, St. Mary's College, Indiana, St. Edward's College, Texas, King's College, Pennsylvania, Stonehill College, and many other educational and civic organizations.
Proudest/Notable Achievement: Becoming a Holy Cross Priest
Hobbies & Pastimes: Walking, Reading, Music, Watching "The Big Bang Theory."
Favorite Quote: "Carpe Diem!" ("Seize the day!")
Wants to lead Stonehill because: "It is poised to go to the next level of development as a distinctive liberal arts college not only in New England but in a much larger region of the U.S."
For more information, contact Communications and Media Relations at 508-565-1321.