Presidential Search Update
December 14, 2012
On Friday, the Presidential Search Committee met on campus to begin reviewing a pool of resumes from Holy Cross priests who applied to become the tenth president of Stonehill College.
Headed by Trustee William Devin '60 (Left), the 13 member Presidential Search Committee was formed in November and sought candidates for the position from the Congregation of Holy Cross' U.S. Province of Priests and Brothers.
"We are pleased to have such a strong pool of candidates seeking to lead the College. Our task now is to study their resumes closely and to select finalists with an eye towards interviews in January," explained Bill Devin '60, Chair of the Presidential Search Committee.
Those interviews will take place off campus. Once finalists have been chosen, the Committee will invite them to campus to meet with the Stonehill community in February.
"The members of the Committee understand the scale of the task before them but they are focused and eager to ensure that the process is rigorous and productive. Above all, they want to select a candidate who has the vision and skills to guide the College forward to new heights. There is great energy in the group," added Devin.
In addition to Chair Bill Devin, the Presidential Search Committee includes:
- Thomas May '69, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Elizabeth Hayden '76, Trustee
- Patrick Griffin '81, Trustee
- Thomas Bogan '72, Trustee
- Prof. Marsha Moses '75, Trustee
- Michael Herlihy '83, Trustee
- Fr. Thomas O'Hara, C.S.C., Provincial Superior, Trustee
- Fr. Thomas Looney, C.S.C. '82, Trustee
- Prof. Christopher Ives, Faculty Representative
- Prof. Magdalena Pederson, Faculty Representative
- Heather Heerman '96, Staff/Alumni Representative
- Courtney Beauregard '13, Student Representative
Presidential Search Committee
Meeting on Friday, December 14, 2012: Back Row L-R: Fr. Tom Looney, Tom May, Magda Pederson, Chris Ives and Fr. Tom O'Hara. Front Row L-R: Courtney Beauregard, Chair Bill Devin and Heather Heerman. Paricipating remotely in the meeting were Tom Bogan, Michael Herlihy, Marsha Moses and Patrick Griffin. Liz Hayden joined the meeting in progress.
For more information, contact Communications and Media Relations at 508-565-1321.