Playwright Sharon Pollock, Directed by Patricia SankusNovember 16, 2012
The Stonehill Theatre Company and the Department of Visual and Performing Arts present Moving Pictures, a play about the life of stage actress-turned silent film star Nell Shipman.
Playwright Sharon Pollock guides us through Shipman's career during the transformation of film from an art form to an industry. Moving Pictures addresses the meaning of storytelling in our lives. It emphasizes the role of creativity in an artist’s life and how Shipman used it as a means of survival, sometimes using her work in the film industry to avoid personal responsibilities.
- Show dates are November 15th, 16th, and 17th at 8:00PM in the Hemingway Theatre.
- This is a MERIT POINT EVENT.
- Tickets are $5 for students and seniors, and $8 for general admission.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance by calling the Stonehill Theatre Company Box Office at (508) 565-1458 or at the door.
- Tickets can also be purchased in the Commons during lunch and dinner.
- Visit this website for more information: www.movingpicturespublic.weebly.com.
- Trisha Berner ’13
- Matthew Branigan ’13
- William Camillo ’16
- Scott Canning ’14
- Mary Catherine Heelan ’15
- Gabrielle Jaques ’16
- Jon Morasse ’14
- Hannah Pearsall ’13
- Christopher Plonka ’16
- Samantha Putko ’16
Contact Patricia Sankus, Theatre Director
508.565.1031 or firstname.lastname@example.org