Stonehill College Investment Finance Initiative
The Stonehill College Investment Finance Initiative (SCIFI) is a comprehensive and selective program for students interested in developing the knowledge and skills that may lead to a career in the world of investment finance. Open to all Stonehill College students, the initiative integrates our liberal arts foundation with the analytics of business finance to allow participants to combine a rigorous academic course of study with distinctive professional development activities. In addition to the academic program, accepted students will participate in the management of a Student Run Investment Fund, have access to a unique group of Stonehill alumni investment professionals acting as mentors to the program, and scholarship opportunities to undertake the course of study for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) level one exam sponsored by the CFA Institute.
- A tailored, multi-year course of study in investment finance
- Available to all students, all majors
- Designed to develop and enhance student critical thinking and analytical skills
- Through hands-on academic and security analysis experience
- Combined with internships, mentoring and participation in the management of real-money
Excellence and Opportunity Beyond the Classroom
SCIFI offers a superior and unique academic platform to demonstrate the depth and breadth of a Stonehill College education in investment finance. For students, the reward is a truly experiential learning opportunity and a differentiated professional development experience that enhances post-graduate academic and career prospects. For alumni and corporate partners, SCIFI is a meaningful experience both at the individual level and as a reflection on your respective enterprises.
- An interesting and dynamic course of study
- A huge resume builder
- Gain real life asset management experience
- Offers great networking opportunities
- Access to targeted summer internship opportunities
- Improve your financial modeling and analytical skills
- Study the core body of knowledge for the CFA Certification
- Qualify for scholarship assistance toward the CFA level one exam
- Get early and active assistance from Career Services
Learn More ...
The College's emphasis on a liberal arts education serves well in preparing students interested in this field's postgraduate opportunities.
Stonehill alumni in the investment field form the core of a mentoring team for students that participate in the program.
Admission into the program is a competitive process open to all students at the College regardless of their declared major.