Jim Lies, C.S.C.
Vice President for Mission; Associate Professor of Psychology
Ph.D., Psychology, University of Minnesota
M.Div., Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley (CA)
M.A., Counseling Psychology, University of Notre Dame
B.A., Quantitative Methods,
University of St. Thomas (MN)
Phone: (508) 565-1551
Office: Duffy, 124
Recent Publications and Presentations:
- Guest, A. & Lies, J. (2012). "Just Add Altruism: Student Activities, School Engagement, and Spiritual Engagement in Differing SES School Communities." (In Progress).
- Lies, J., Bock, T., Brandenberger, J. & Trozzolo, T. (2012). "The Effects of Off-Campus Service-Learning on the Moral Reasoning of College Students." Journal of Moral Education.
- Hogan, M., & Lies, J., Eds. (2011). History (1933-1948): What We Choose To Remember. Conference Proceedings. Portland, Oregon: University of Portland Garaventa Center for Catholic Intellectual Life and American Culture.
- Guest, A., Lies, J., Kerssen-Griep, J. & Frieberg, T. (2009). "Concepts of Social Justice as a Cultural Consensus: Starting Points for College Students of Different Political Persuasions." Journal of College and Character. Tallahassee, Florida: NASPA Press.
- Narvaez, D. & Lies, J. (2009). Ethical Focus: Nurturing Character in the Classroom, EthEx Series Book 3. Notre Dame, IN: ACE Press.
- Lies, J., & Nowak, A. (2008). "Health within Illness: A College Student's Encounter with Quadriplegia". Journal of Crisis, Illness & Loss, Volume 16, Number 4. Amityville, NY: Baywood Publishing, Co., Inc.
- Lies, J., Bronk, K., & Menon, J. (2008). "The Community Contribution to Character Education and Moral Development." In L. Walker and D. Narvaez (Eds.), Handbook on Character Education. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Press.
- Lies, J. & Bock, T. (2008). "What Does It Take to Give: Moral Identity, Moral Reasoning and Religiosity as Predictors of Civic Engagement." In F. Oser & W. Veugelers (Eds.), Getting Involved: Global Citizenship Development and Sources of Moral Values. Sense Publishers, Inc.
- General Psychology
- Moral Development
- Personality Psychology
- Social Justice Leadership