Study Abroad Course Approval Process
To ensure that courses taken abroad will tranfer to Stonehill, all courses taken at a foreign university must be pre-approved by your department chair and the Office of Academic Services.
Course Approval Process
- Gather course descriptions and syllabi from program websites and guides.
- Select a number of alternate courses in your major/minor, General Education requirements and electives in the event that your first choice courses are not available. (If you are not taking courses in your major or minor, skip to step 4.)
- Meet with your department chair to obtain approval for courses that will fulfill major or minor course requirements or related electives. Be sure the chairperson signs the Study Abroad Course Approval form* and indicates the equivalent Stonehill course codes on the approval form. Be sure to have alternate courses approved.
- Next, meet with Ms. Kathleen Joint, Associate Director of Academic Services. Bring your completed Study Abroad Course Approval form, all course descriptions and syllabi (major, minor, general education, electives, first and alternate choices) to this meeting.
- Return the yellow copy of the Study Abroad Course Approval form to the Office of International Programs. Retain the pink copy fo ryourself.
- Continue to work with your department chairpersons and Ms. Joint on any changes to your approved plan of study while you are abroad.
Questions regarding this process should be directed to Ms. Kathleen Joint, Associate Director of Academic Services, Duffy Hall, room 112, (508) 565-1306.
*Upon approval you will receive a copy of the Study Abroad Course Approval form by campus mail.