Students who demonstrate positive and meaningful participation in the following activities can gain one merit point (up to 5 total):
- Hall Council participation
- SGA involvement
- Involvement in an SGA recognized Club or Organization
- Athletic participation (varsity level, club sports or intramurals)
- College Committee work
- 20 hours of Non-Academic Community Service (this includes Residence Hall Partnerships and self-initiated projects)
- Dean's List for fall/spring semesters
- SURE Scholar Program
- Study Abroad Experiences (including foreign and domestic internships in NY, LA & DC)
- Honors Program
- Student Employment on Campus & Off-Campus jobs
- Campus Ministry involvement (Choir, ITS & HOPE)
- Attendance at 3 merit programs (please note, percentages of points will not be rounded up)
Involvement in recognized Clubs and Organizations, Hall Council, and Student Government must be consistent and active. Attendance at at least 75% of meetings, events, or programs is required.
Students may also propose additional experiences for merit point consideration. To do so, students should submit a written letter along with any accompanying information to the Housing Selection Committee, care of the Residence Life Office.